Evil Spy School: Legitimately, one of the better books of 2015

Today is a day that will go down in history. April 21, 2015- after a long year of waiting, the sequel to Spy Camp is out! I woke up at 5 in the morning and read the whole day to get the book finished, and I was glad I did. If you have any doubts of getting it, don't, it's totally worth the eleven dollars.

Summary: Ben, who is back from Spy Camp, gets expelled from Spy School, when a live bomb is planted in a mortar, and Ben shoots it right at the Principal's office. Middle school is boring, until he gets sprung. By SPYDER. They've sent one of the higher-ups to get Ben to come to Evil Spy School, which happens to be disguised as a science school as well. Ben, who has figured out that he's been sent as a mole, jumps right on board, only to find that the CIA has no idea of this. Evil Spy School is awesome; there is a huge rec room, a room 10x larger than the one at Spy School, and the food is amazing. But he realizes SPYDER is up to no good, and he has to stop them. During this intense novel, there are guys snapping pictures of girls in bikinis, crazy gymnasts, crushes, and so much more. This book is a must read, and as of right now, I could make an argument that it is one of the better books of 2015.

What I think: This book is amazing. Not only did have the normal format, Stuart added in so many crazy things (this isn't a spoiler, but *gasp* Erica's lips touch Ben's) that I actually had to close the book, and smile. So many plot twists and crazy things happen that every chapter I would stop and literally yell out "What the crap" It is so good, and even though I'm totally biased, it is a great novel.

What I liked: Just about everything. So much action your heart never stops racing, a love story that will make you sob at some points, and betrayals that keep the story going. Like I said, the craziness never stops, once you think the book is normal, it lays a fast one on you, and I love it. I love it, I love it, I love it.

What I didn't like: *ALL FANS OF STUART GIBBS (and Stuart Gibbs himself) SKIP THIS PART* This book was fabulous and I could rave on it for hours without missing a beat, however, I would change a few things to better fit my taste, First off, I never liked the part of having no one at Evil Spy School. *SPOILER ALERT* I always thought that Evil Spy School would be somewhat like a regular school, with at least a classroom of students attending. I didn't like how there are only 4 students. Also, *SPOILER ALERT* why did Erica have to not like Ben? I just felt like the story would've been slightly less love-drama-sappy if they'd just remained slightly-more than just friends and their bond kept growing instead of them having a fight. Other than that, this book was perfect.

Rating on the scale: 11 (out of 10)

Why? This book was perfect. Yes I know I spoiled some things (although after you read it, you'll find I didn't really...) in the 'What I didn't like' when i said what I said, but while they could've been changed, I kind of like it the way it is, and it only adds to the maddeningly complex plot. You really couldn't ask for a better book.

Related: Spy School & Spy Camp- By Stuart Gibbs; Playing with Fire and Thicker Than Water- Bruce Hale

Comments

  1. I really enjoy your reviews and I agree completely. I made a reply but got deleted somehow and it was extremely long so I'll make this a little shorter.
    Ben and Erica kissing was CPR, but still added an element that made you curious. Sometimes I enjoy cliffhangers though because I can imagine what will happen next. I agree with your last dislike completely as well. I could argue it is the best book of 2015, hopefully SS4 will make the top 2016 :) When you ask the fans of Stuart Gibbs to not read the dislikes, I can counteract with that because I love reading every part of an opinion and yours was very logical. A rating 11/10 is deserved for this book. It always surprises you. Good luck on your blogging journey and maybe we can talk sometime!

    -Matt

    ReplyDelete
  2. You forgot the completely last scene, talking Erica and Ben. Not really mad, SPOILER ALERT at the very end they fall asleep holding hands.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matt-

    I had to put out the last scene. Spoiler Reasons :(

    -Justin

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Author Interview! Starring Gordon Korman!

Spy Ski School by Stuart Gibbs

Request Post