FanFic Friday #2: The Erica POV saga continues...!

 Wow! The response to the last FanFic was incredible! In one week 46 views and 6 freakin' comments? You guys seem to love this stuff so here you go, more of the FanFic. The first scene is from last week to refresh your mind and the second scene is....well just read it.


January 16,
1820 hours
Mess Hall

I’d become immune to everyone the first day I got here. They all wanted to talk to me, but I couldn’t eavesdrop on anyone if I had a hundred boys wanting to ask me out and a hundred girls talking about the latest spy fashion. It was too much. I marked my claim on 4th row table 5th from last a long time ago- close to the center table so that I could hear everyone but far enough from it I wasn’t in the center- which would be horrifying. Chip and his goons rushed Ben. Knowing his skills, I was antsy to just get up, whip out my stun gun and fire some darts. But of course to keep cover, I had to stay still so I plunged my nose even deeper into a textbook I already memorized. Luckily Chip, being the idiot he is, was terrorizing him about a Van De Graff thing. Morons. I mean, the knob is practically alive with sparks. Unless you had eyesight worse than my dead great-grandpa there was no way you couldn’t see it. Ben interested me. Gave me a lot of questions, none of which he answered. My curiosity got the best of me and I did something that would probably easily get any other student expelled. 


January 17
0130 hours
Dormitory top floor

It wasn’t hard to change into a guy. All I had to do was put on a low pitched voice, tuck in my hair and pull on my ski mask. I added black mascara around my eyes just to confirm he would have no idea it was a girl so that way even if he’d tried to figure out my identity my using my eyes, all he’d see in the darkness was my pupils. I’d already studied his room- where his desk and bed was, the angle of his window. As long as I kept a gun pointed at his face and was at least a foot from the window, I was in the clear. I’d disabled the surrounding cameras around his room as well as a few others to make it act like it was someone from outside trying to get in. I picked the cheap dinghy lock on the door and snuck in. I’d used one of my no-fingerprints-left-behind spandex suits and grabbed the pistol brutally jamming it into his face. “Rise and shine kid” I said gruffly, thinking for a second what a guy would do. My choice was pretty easy after I saw him basically jump onto his wall and give himself a near concussion. I laughed. “Man you should’ve seen the look on your face. It was classic” A few seconds later, after he pleaded to not be killed, I asked the question I’d been wanting to know about. “Tell me about Pinwheel” “Pinwheel? What’s pinwheel?” I knew full well the kid was clueless on the subject but I didn’t want to leave any doubt. “You know damn well what it is. Don’t play stupid with me!” “I’m not playing! I really am stupid” Sheesh, the kid’s horrible He then spent about a minute stalling the crap out of me. Saying something about being Jonathan Monkeywarts, grabbing his tennis racket, and lots of stuttering. I pushed even further.  “What…is…Pinwheel?” After more stalling he said something somewhat useful: that It helped you circumvent a rotating sixteen-character daisy chain. I stopped. Maybe he did know what Pinwheel- the mysterious thing all the admins had acted like was the key to saving the nation- was and that he was playing stupid because of the assassin. I pushed even further. “How?” I asked expecting an answer I could memorize. But of course the idiot had only heard those words form Chip and blubbered something about “setting up a quadrilateral subnet matrix, then ossify the syntax and fibrillate the coprolites” I didn’t have time to play around, especially if anyone had decided to eavesdrop on our conversation. “I’m not an idiot” I said firmly “and I’ve run out of patience” Time to give him a pop quiz on self-preservation. Half a second after I raised the pistol he started swinging his racket down like an animal. Now, I was easily the best kid in the school when it came to one on one combat but when you’re in a tight room, you’ve got the lower ground on the floor while some maniac is blindly swinging a piece of metal at you, your goal isn’t to fight him off, but simply try to not get concussed. So I went into defense mode while he was hacking away at me like I was a fly. But he still somehow made contact with me- which wasn’t much but I over exaggerated it to get him off my back for a few seconds. I fell to the ground hard. Then he ran out of the room, giving me time to escape. I stealthily hugged the wall and before anyone got out of their rooms I was gone, down the stairs, into my dorm, as if nothing had happened. So he didn’t know about pinwheel or cryptography at all. I figured it was time to share my suspicions with him.

January 17
0500 hours
The box

It was probably harder to figure out where Ben was going to be moved while his bedroom was “under investigation” than to break into the box. I figured since he was the new kid, they’d cut him some slack and put him in Tina’s room or something. Nope. Even I think The Box sucks which is big news. Imagine being trapped in a cement room. And then that cement room is guarded. Basically it’s like saying “we’re going to put you in a really ugly room with no entertainment but some textbooks and then you have to stay in there until we say you can leave” But I wasn’t in the box, so I wasn’t complaining. My grandfather had told me about a secret tunnel to the box- on one side, a 16 digit pass code was needed for a 12 inch by 12 inch 6 inch thick slap of concrete to swing open quieter than a fly ten feet away. Still wearing my black spandex suit, and armed with a rag I hopped in, using a cat-like ninja stance to land quietly. I paused before I leapt on to him and stuffed a rag in his mouth. He tried to bring up his knee but I’d already thought of that bride so I put him in a scissor. “Take it easy I’m not here to hurt you” I hissed. “Mmmmthmmpphffthh” he responded which could’ve meant anything from “Ok I won’t keep fighting” to “Once you let go of me I’m going to yell and scream” but I let him relax after he showed signs of calming down. I gave him a small threat before I fully got off of him.  “Don’t. There are cameras in the room” I told him after he made an attempt to reach for his bedside lamp. Quickly, I explained why he was so confused about the subject Pinwheel (because he didn’t know what it was) why everyone thought he should’ve known what it was (it was in his file) and after he finally figured out the principal forced someone to put false information in his file to catch a mole…well I explained the next unofficial step of Operation Creeping Badger to him. It was kind of hard to make sure I didn’t blow my cover as an assassin as a guy but when he mentioned Alexander was the worst. He was such a sham, yet the kid still thought he was our savior. The feeling to punch him was coming over me but I let it pass and said as monotonously as I could with a dash of sarcasm “Yes. Alexander’s involved” He decided to change the subject which I definitely had no problem with. I explained a lot more stuff to him. He questioned “who exactly we’re talking about here” but I kept my composure- which would’ve normally screamed Idiot! and calmly explained we’re basically talking about anyone evil. I grimaced when I had to explain that Joshua had died. He was the only person I liked here- and I was going to pop the question but had to die. Ever since I’d been a grudge. I tried to hold back a smile but I’m all for making progress as a spy even if it starts with you being able to use common sense. Finally, I’d talked him up to agree on a plan to uncover the mole. Sure it was dangerous and probably would get us expelled but I knew he’d take it. I was sure at some point along the mission, he was going to be of use. I stuck out my hand. He was hesitant to take it but I read his eyes and knew he was going for it. I saw right away he had a crush for me, which was no surprise, but I heart seemed to beat up a little faster than normal, which was weird. He took my hand and he seemed to like the warmth and softness of it- which I made a mental note of in case I needed to persuade him in the future. “What do we do next?” he asked.  I smiled inside. This was going to be fun.

Well did you like it? I don't even need to ask you this question because I KNOW YOU DID. But do you want to hear something cool? This is the exact same portion the EXCLUSIVE EMAIL CLUB members got LAST SATURDAY. I know this feels like one of those cheesy ads but seriously, get all my posts one day early (or in this case, portions of various FanFics almost a week early) as well as some exclusive content all for free. Email me anything @ justindoan8@gmail.com and I'll sign you up! It's free and it's totally worth it. However, if somehow I get a hundred emails for people wanting to be in the club, it'll only be the first fifty. Have a swawesome day!


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Author Interview! Starring Gordon Korman!

Spy Ski School by Stuart Gibbs

Request Post