10 Reasons why you need to read more books

There's nothing in the the middle grade literary world that makes me mad right now, so I guess I'll do a top ten list. Show this to your non-reading friends and get them to start picking up books. 

10) Books let you be that sports hero at the end of the game, the dragon slayer, or let you fly on your hoverboard while you eat ribs. Who doesn't like ribs?

9) Books make you smart. Find me a kid that makes straight A's (yes, that kid) and I'll find you a kid that reads.

8) Do you like movies? Feature films like The Maze Runner  and Harry Potter have come from books. Books let you get away from your parents for a couple hours and stuff yourself with popcorn while you hang with your friends.

7) Why not?

6) You can put yourself in any fantasy world and live in it for a couple of days (or hours)

5) You like having fun right? Go to a book festival. Even if you don't bring books, tell me you didn't have fun at the end of the day.

4) Famous people say you should. Like my good pal Stuart Gibbs. (By the way, for charity, he's offering a cameo appearance where your name could be in his book! Go donate here: It's a lot but trust me, it's worth the fame)

3) They make you stronger. Once you learn how to carry the whole novel set of Harry Potter, benching a hundred pounds is like nothing.

2) The reading community is made up of really nice, mostly friendly people.

1) Everyone else is. Jump on the bandwagon. I think it can fit you.

Those are my reasons, what are yours? Tomorrow I have a cool post so be sure to return!


Comments

  1. SO TRUEEE, YES COME IN THE BANDWAGON, EVEN THOUGH THERE IS PRACTICALLY 5874518638375353 IN HERE AND ALOT OF US ARE SWEATING AND SMELLY AND SICK AND SOME PROBABLY DIED DUE TO THE CROWDEDNESS OF THIS WAGON. COME ON IN!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We welcome you to the land of feels

    ReplyDelete
  3. My non-reading-not-really-my-friends are really stubborn
    :(

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Author Interview! Starring Gordon Korman!

Spy Ski School by Stuart Gibbs

Request Post