In Real Life by Jessica Love (by Libni)

Hello everyone. Thought my first review would be over a really good YA book that I’ve read and loved.

Title and Author: In Real Life by Jessica Love
Genre: Realistic Fiction/Romance/Coming Of Age
Age Group: YA
Published: March 1, 2016 by St. Martin’s Press

Summary: Hannah and Nick are best friends, since like forever. They text, they call, they Skype, they FaceTime, you name it. They know everything and anything about each other and couldn't be better friends. Thing is, they've never actually met. Hannah’s family is pretty strict, so since Day One Hannah’s been a faithful rule follower. But then because of a rule-breaker, Hannah is stuck at home to chill by her pool during spring break (BO-RING). So out of impulse, Hannah decides to go on a road trip to Vegas with her sister and her BFF to surprise Nick and finally confess her romantic feelings for him. But, of course, not all things go to plan. When Hannah meets Nick she finds out that he's been keeping a lot of major secrets from her, and she questions if she really knows him at all. Hannah has one night in Vegas to find out if she can really trust Nick, while still figuring out her feelings for him, AND while trying to figure out if breaking the rules now and then isn't that much of a bad thing.

What I liked: I must go out and say it, even though for years I have never admitted it; I love romances. YES PEOPLE IT'S TRUE. Secret’s out now I guess (lol). So yes, this particular romance catched my eye and I just had to read it. And let me just say, I do not regret it.
  1. I liked how all the problems in the book could be real life situations, especially in a teen’s life.
  2. I liked how every single character had their own situation, we didn't just stick with the main character’s problem because the other characters had some other things going for them too. *cough* *cough* Nick *cough*
  3. And I loved the ending, I didn't quite expect it but reading the entire book to get to the ending was worth it.

What I did not like:
Agh. I don't like being negative about a book, even if I didn't actually like it, but I must if I ever want to review a book here again (haha).
  1. Hannah was just so frustrating. While I read I kept yelling at her to just come out with it and tell Nick how she really feels!! *face palm* It was excruciating for me to wait around watching her get into more problems simply because she didn't  communicate. But if I'm being honest, a lot of teens are like this. Have no good communication, that is.
  2. Hannah’s sister and BFF wasn't much there for her when Hannah needed them. Again it got me frustrated, but in real life that's actually how it is sometimes.

Rating out of 5 stars: I'll go with a good old 3.5 stars. It's a pretty good book, yeah, but a frustrating main character isn't appreciated much in my agenda. Overall it's actually a pretty good book, and indeed I do not regret reading it. So guys, check out this awesome book and I hope you liked my review! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Author Interview! Starring Gordon Korman!

Spy Ski School by Stuart Gibbs

Request Post