Ryan Quinn and The Rebel's Escape by Ron McGee

Age Group: Middle Grade
Genre: Action/Thriller
Publishing Date: October 25th, 2016 by HarperCollins




Summary:
 Ryan Quinn hopes his traveling days are over. The son of a United Nations worker, he’s grown up in Europe, the Middle East, Asia, Africa—everywhere but home. He’s finally settled at a great school in New York and is making friends when, suddenly, his world is turned upside down.

Ryan is blindsided when his father disappears and his mother is abducted. Left with nothing but questions, he soon discovers his parents have been leading a double life. They actually work with the Emergency Rescue Committee, an underground organization that has performed dangerous rescue missions since World War II, and they’ve been secretly training Ryan to follow in their footsteps.

With his parents’ lives in the balance and more at stake than he knows, Ryan dives into a mission of international intrigue that sends him around the globe. To survive, he must trust his training and perform his own daring rescue mission in a thrilling race for freedom

What I Liked: Okay, so if you haven't read Stuart Gibbs (or are new to the blog), then you won't understand the reference, and if you don't understand the reference, then you won't understand how much I thoroughly enjoyed the book. Anyway, I'm going to make the reference and compare this book to Spy School. I really haven't seen a book that I've enjoyed so much except by yours truly, Stuart Gibbs. It had what I was looking for, it turned kind of a dry plot (Kid chases around the world to save parents) into something truly magical. It's hard to describe what exactly is going on in my mind, but you're going to have to trust me, the plot was moving, there was a fair amount of plot twists, it was a really good book.

What I Didn't Like: The things I don't like about this book can be summarized in two words: Danny and Kasey (you grammar Nazis better not call me out on using three words there). Literally, I hated these characters so much, I wanted to rip the book apart (on the serious note, stop book abuse #BookLivesMatter) Like honestly though, they are literally 13 and they're trying to help some dude across the world stop some evil crime organization. And they're so useless it is funny, and they come up with the worst ideas, and they distract from the plot, and AHHH I hate them. It's kind of like that one person who kind of buts into your conversation with one of your friends. At first, it's like "Cool, a new opinion" but then you realize their opinion is super lame and undeveloped and you want to kick them out but they're already in too deep so you bust your head against the wall until the conversation is over. Super weird analogy, but I can't begin to explain my hate for Kasey and Danny.

Rating: 9.4 Out of ten.

Why? Danny and Kasey gone, this is a 9.8 any day of the week.

Ryan Quinn and the Rebel's Escape (Ryan Quinn #1)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Author Interview! Starring Gordon Korman!

Spy Ski School by Stuart Gibbs

Request Post