The Homework Strike By Greg Pincus


The Homework Strike

Age Group: Middle Grade
Genre: Realistic Fiction
Published: January 3rd, 2017 by Arthur A. Levine Books



Summary: Gregory K. has too much homework.

Middle school is hard work, and Gregory tries to be a good student. He participates in class, he studies for his tests -- he and his friends even help each other with their assignments. But no matter what he does, there's never enough time to finish all his homework. It just isn't fair.

So Gregory goes on a total, complete homework strike. No worksheets, no essays, no projects. His friends think he's crazy. His parents are worried about his grades. And his principal just wants him to stop making trouble. Can Gregory rally his fellow students, make his voice heard, and still pass seventh grade?

Find out in this book for anyone who thinks school is stressful, gets headaches from homework, or just wants to be heard.

My Thoughts: Wow this was such an interesting book. This is an idea EVERY student for literally 50 years has been complaining about, including me. I, too, find it hard to believe that hours upon hours of homework is really supposed to HELP me instead of hurting me by stressing me out. It was such a unique way going about the topic. It was really interesting to read about the homework strike, because all the challenges Greg goes through are legitimate things someone going on strike will encounter. I really did like as he discovered it isn't easy to convince people to defy authority. I also love the little side plots that seem like they don't mean anything but really hekp the main plot. I also must point out all the fun facts that are in there that really are intriguing. I REALLY DID love this book as much as some of Stuart Gibbs's work, which is saying a lot.

Rating: 9.5 out of ten.

Comments

  1. LOVE the title of this! I'm intrigued by your description and I also love Stuart Gibbs's books and Greg Pincus's earlier book THE 14 FIBS OF GREGORY K. so I definitely have to look for this one!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Author Interview! Starring Gordon Korman!

Spy Ski School by Stuart Gibbs

Request Post