MUSIC: 4/16/18 One Night by Mura Masa Ft. Charli XCX 💚

Yuhhh I heard this song from a playlist on spotify and it has MADE it onto the Banger's playlist. It is a true bop. Mura Masa for those of you who don't know is essentially notorious from starting from no where and making it to the top. I think he got featured on some famous YouTube channel and now yeah he works with Desiigner and Charli XCX to make some true bops.

Anyway, I suppose here's a quick review of it. I do love the unique beat I've never heard a pop song feature the freaking xylophone (or is it marimba? idk lol). But I found it super interesting. And probably my favorite part is that during the verses after the chorus after the beat drops, where the song has kind of calmed down, Musa integrates this harp EXTREMELY WELL. Ahhhh I melt everytime I hear the harp it is really good.

Also, as for the use of Charli XCX...WOW. Yeah so I only knew of her when she was in Iggy Azalea's Fancy, but hearing hear int his song...Musa definitely made the right decision. While I'm pretty sure this effect was added post-recording, there's like this autotune electronic vibe to her lyrics that really make the song stand out.

Hmm not much more to say about the song. Need to get better at this. But yeah the marimba is bangin and Charli XCX has really good vocals.

Rating: 4 out of 5


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Author Interview! Starring Gordon Korman!

Spy Ski School by Stuart Gibbs

Request Post