MUSIC: 4/20/18 No Grass Today by AJR 💚

WOOOOOOOOOO 4/20 BLAZE IT UP!!!! (ahaha what is wrong with me. Seriously, drugs are not the way to go). Anyway, for some people, this may seem like the most important holiday in the year next to Christmas or whatever, so I feel like I have to post about it. And what better song to talk about than a song about not smoking grass (no serious).

AJR is a highly underrated techno/edm group or whatever. I found out about them after they played on Jimmy Kimmel a few months ago, and ever since them I have been in love.

Part of their most recent album is this song No Grass Today, and I absolutely love it. One of the main things I like is the chorus. IT IS SO CATCHY. Adam (I think) literally has the most soothing voice. Not like go to sleep soothing, but it isn't like arrogant or whatever, it's just laid back and amazing. And the lyric, while dumb, is actually kind of cool I guess. "I didn't smoke no grass today, but that's because I love to play, but who am I to take away, what makes you feel so great". Not really sure how to react to it, but idk it just is amazing.

There's also this really cool part (toward the end?) Where it goes all autotune/techno and is pretty phenomenal. It adds this musical variety to the song that I kinda needed. The whole thing was kind of monotonous and then it completely switches up at that part. overall, the song is pretty good.

Listen on YouTube and Spotify


Rating: 3.5 out of 5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Author Interview! Starring Gordon Korman!

Spy Ski School by Stuart Gibbs

Request Post