KPOP: 5/29/18 As if It's your Last by BlackPink 💚

Alright, so there's no way you knew (unless you know me irl) that I'm a blink, well, sorta kinda. See listening to BTS makes me part of the army, but am I a big fan? Not really, I just like their music. Same with blackpink, I think their music is amazing, I love all the members (Jisoo, Jennie, Rose and Lisa), but I'm not a super fan.

Anyways, past the preface, it seems like they haven't comeback in over a year. Of course, not only is there a lot of speculation why they haven't comeback but there is also a lot of clues leading to their potential comeback. So, before they comeback, I just wanted to talk about probably one of my favorite summer jams, at least last year, for those who just got out of school or will be this Friday.

So first off, I think the beat or instrumental of whatever is AMAZING. Idk, it is hard to describe, but it really fits blankpink well. The various electronic elements or whatever fit right into the core of the beat, and it all blends in to form a really catchy structure for the song (if you don't know, this is a summery, fast paced song).

Obviously, I don't know korean, but like in general the lyrics are really catchy. Especially Lisa's part in the chorus (when she basically says majimakcheorom - "As if it's your last" in English) is super catchy, but even as a whole, the song is just a bop, there really isn't much else to say about this song. It is super good even if you don't like kpop to just jam out to with the windows down or whatever i don't even know. Definitely worth a listen.

Rating: 4 out of 5

Image result for As if it's your last cover

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Author Interview! Starring Gordon Korman!

Spy Ski School by Stuart Gibbs

Request Post