KPOP: 6/13/18 Boombayah by BlackPink 💚

Alright, alright so I've been gone for a few days now (insert random excuse here). Anyways, yusssss Blackpink is finally coming back in two days (as if this post). Soooooo to celebrate, I'm doing an insane blackpink extravaganza where I will be reviewing all of their songs in two days (admittedly they only have five songs, and I've already reviewed as if it's your last, but still something cool to look forward to

Instrumental: Alright, so the background music is pretty upbeat, and gives off a really bad girl vibe, which is what was the goal with their debut album, to send a powerful message or something. Especially the first ten ish seconds, not sure what that instrument is called, but like that whole electronic thing and "blackpink in your area" (listen to the song to see what I mean i guess) topped off with the snapping is SOOO good. I really enjoyed it and it sets the mood for the whole song. Other than that, not much else to say about the beat, I guess other than I also enjoyed the whole buildup to the chorus drop, that was really fun to listen to.

Lyrics: So of course, they are really good singers, not gonna gush over how well jennie or jisoo is or whatever, What i will say is the structure of the song did kind of confuse me. Did I still like it? Of course. But like Jennie starts off singing really powerful, and then Jisoo comes out of nowhere and kind of goes... soft? Like if you give the song a listen, you'll get what I mean, and then you get Rose coming back powerful but not really. But overall, most of the song is very empowering, none of it is soft, it's sort of weird because they try to be like a punk rock band in the music video which they really aren't,  okay, getting off topic, overall it was a great song. Also something to note, the english ratio in this was very spot on. Lots of english but not enough to where I lost the kpop vibe.

Rating: 4 out of 5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Author Interview! Starring Gordon Korman!

Spy Ski School by Stuart Gibbs

Request Post