KPOP: 6/13/18 Whistle by Blackpink 💚

Alright guys and gals strap in your seat buckles for round freaking 2 of the blackpink 2 day review-extravaganza. Not trying to give too much prelude here, because I feel like that would be annoying by the time we hit rounds 3 and 4 of this, so yeah, here goes said review.

Instrumental: So this is a really almost calming beat/background music, which of course sets the mood for the calming ish song. It is kinda lowkey and is a pretty good bop. Obviously, it's in the title, but the whistling bits at the beginning are really cool. Especially with the dance and whatever, YG has done it again. Also, especially towards the chorus buildup with Rose (and Jisoo), I REALLY love the compliment of the beat with their voices. I dunno, I listened to this song a lot last year, and listening to it again just gives me this nostalgic mood. It just doesn't feel like this song is two years old. Also, the beat drop was really good,  I guess (always gotta rave about it, one of my favorite things when listening to music is if there's a good drop I kinda jam with it, so definitely gotta let ya know).

Lyrics: Similar to the instrumental, a very calming song. I really have to point out rose's part, it was phenomenal. I'm not good at analyzing a person's voice or whatever, but there was a huge difference in the way she sang versus boombayah that really brought out who true singing character, and yeah I fell in love with it. Also very unique plot twist, Lisa is the one singing and Jennie had the rap part, not complaining though it was very well done. The build up by Rose and Lisa to the chorus, as stated above, was definitely my favorite part of the whole song, the lyrics complimented the background music well. Also the lyric "make 'em whistle like a missile" not even joking just understood what that meant like last week, but I really enjoyed that little line (All in the English parts were very well done)

Rating: 4 out of 5

Listen on YouTube and Spotify

Image result for whistle blackpink

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Author Interview! Starring Gordon Korman!

Spy Ski School by Stuart Gibbs

Request Post