KPOP: 6/14/18 Playing with Fire by Blackpink 💚

ONE MORE FREAKING DAY WOOOO. Very excited for this blackpink comeback. Here we are on the third leg of the blackpink review extravaganza. Let's get right into it (I guess).

Instrumental: So this song is very unique from the others. While the other songs are either powerful (whistle is kinda but Boombayah is definitely) or soft or whatever ("Stay" which review will be coming next), this song is like the bop of the soundtrack, just a casual (still very good though) song to play, and the instrumental makes it an extremely fun song to listen to. The piano at the beginning sets the mood for the song, the little drop at the chorus is very nice, and overall the medium tempo (around 100 ish I think) helps set the song to a very nice, summery song (not as summery as As If It's Your Last, but still a great song for our summer playlist)

Lyrics: The lyrics themselves, I will quickly mention, are very nice. I looked at one of thre lyric videos and I really love Lisa's rap lyrics, I think it goes "There's a robber in my heart but why doesn't the police know" like whooaaaaa insane lyric I wasn't expecting but nonetheless very good. Speaking of Lisa's rap, gotta hand it to the rap queennnn of the group, contrasted with Jennie's (and the rest of the group's) singing VERY well. Alright, but if I had to be a bit picky, I really didn't like Jisoo's part in this. Like I dunno why but her singing felt like a little deep and it was kinda weird, especially when she said "Playing with fire" (in korean obviously). Maybe its because I'm writing this with a slight headache from staying indoors all day, but it's getting to me, and is something that should be noted. However Rose's parts complimented Jisoo's parts in the rest of the song, and as stated before Lisa and Jennie complimented very well.

Rating: 4 out of 5

Image result for playing with fire

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Author Interview! Starring Gordon Korman!

Spy Ski School by Stuart Gibbs

Request Post