KPOP: 6/14/18 Stay by Blackpink 💚

WE ARE T MINUS 4 HOURS UNTIL SQUARE UP DROPS!!!! Alright so I know that none of you guys are gonna read this like actually before square up drops, but for future readers, just a little note I will not be staying up to 4 when it actually drops. Like I'm a blink and all but not a superfan. I will try to review DDU-DU DDU-DU at around 9 AM my time and it will probably be just the third perfect score. Oh and quick shoutout to my mans Seth Le and @blink.gang on instagram, they're cool I guess.

Instrumental: Alright so this is a nostalgic ish song, you know reminiscing about somg guy or whatever, but it isn't a SUPER slow song (85 bpm not bad for a slow sappy ish love song). Overall, the instrumental set the mood a lot and really gets you in the feels. From a grander perspective, I love the contrast in background music; in the other songs it's more fast and I wanna say "electronic" but I know it isn't really, but in here you can really tell it is almost like from the heart, because you've got the guitar and ah it is so good. They've also got this harmonica instrument (might noto be a harmonica) but I would just like to quickly add that it really builds ont he whole nostalgia feel. And there's now way I can talk about background noise without mentioning the clapping with Rose and Jennie and Jisoo's parts. It is definitely my favorite part, and obviously like other hits such as Pharrell William's "Happy", Queen's "We Will Rock You" and the Friends theme, you gotta clap along.

Lyrics: wOOOAAHHHH blackpink came out in this video. See, in other songs, obviously they sang amazing, but it felt just a little drowned out by the background yakno? Obviously not completely but I feel like they didn't get the chance to shine. But in Stay, it is literally them and the guitar, and wow they made the best of it. I think this was Rose's song, I felt like she shined the most in this. Her parts at the beginning of the song and the beginning of the clapping parts were REALLY good. And as always, seems like Jennie and Lisa both had rap parts, and they complimented each other very well. I mean overall the guitar and their more passionate voices were very complimentary of each other. Oh and I gotta mention, the part in the song where it goes "and it goes a little something like, la la la la la...." (you know what it is if you listen to it), it almsot puts you int his trance where the music engulfs you (alright that sounded super weird typing and reading, but like it's so catchy and idk the music just soaks right in). Just.. great.

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 (May come as a shocker, but behind AIIYL this is my second favorite BP song - am stating this before square up so who knows it could and probably will change)

Image result for stay blackpink

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Author Interview! Starring Gordon Korman!

Spy Ski School by Stuart Gibbs

Request Post