KPOP: 6/16/18 Forever Young by Blackpink 💚

Alright so I can't anymore. This new format I have has to go down the drain, because with these next two songs, like holy cow it just doesn't work with the whole instrumental and then lyrics. These next two reviews are my two all time favorite songs from BlackPink, so of course things will be done a little differently. Hopefully this style works well, let me know if you'd rather have this style.

So my new style is just going to be going through the song like from the first verse to chorus, second bridge, and so on, and pointing out the stuff I like and don't like.

The Intro: ONE OF MY FAVORITE PARTS BECAUSE JENNIE KIM ABSOLUTELY KILLS HER PART. Like she goes into the song so beautifully and the whole "I could die in this moment" has honestly become one of the more iconic moments of the song, almost as iconic as the chorus itself "Forever Young". The background music is so slow and kind of gives this ominous mood where you just don't know what's going to be thrown at you throughout the song.

Verse 1: This is Jisoo's part. I'm going to be straight to the point and tell you this was kind of a lowkey verse. Like nothing about this part really amazed me, Jisoo is an amazing singer but that vibe just didn't come across, but however she helps the transition from the essential chorus in the intro to the actual song by kinda being lowkey.

Verse 2: Rose SLAYED her verse. I fell in love with the way she came across in this verse, as you know powerful or whatever. I love how the background music had this transition from Jisoo's part which wasn't all that complicated and using the whole drum beat or whatever (the little thing before the chorus drops) it switches over to Rose's part, which if I didn't mention before was really good. And FINALLY Lisa gets a solid singing role. Her singing voice is super good and really complimented Rose's part in this verse really well.

Pre Chorus: I mean it was just very solid. Jennie and Rose always compliment each other very well, and there was no exception. I enjoyed the little buildup before the chorus drop, which during my first hearing of the song was a lot softer than I expected.

Chorus/Post Chorus: So the Chorus is literally just Jennie saying forever young, so I mean it's what you expect from it. Also no complaints about the post chorus, Lisa did fine.

Verse 3: JENNIE'S RAP!!!! SO yuss she obviously slayed her part. Would I pick her as "main rapper" over Lisa? I mean I dunno she did really good and it seems like in this album she ahs a lot of rap songs but Lisa is still a main player in the rap verses in Blackpink's part. Anyways, back to the song, just know it was good.

Verse 4: It was pretty much Verse 2 but instead of Rose then Lisa is was Jisoo then Lisa. Obviously going over the lyrics the words were a little different, but from a straight up just listening to the song it was pretty much just that.

The Bridge: So this is like the ultimate part of the song. And I can't talk about the bridge without talking about the whole "Blackpink is the revolution" WHICH I ABSOLUTELY LOVED. it was an amazing part and helped build on the whole song in general. I am also a big fan of the ending bit at the end of the song where Lisa goes "whata bum bum whata bum bum" and the other "girls jsut wanna have fun" It just came across to me as Blackpink just being natural and it was just like a lighter "fun" side of the song. One thing that did disappoint me is that there wasn't another chorus drop before the end of the song. I dunno I feel like it was missing that.

Rating: 5 out of 5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Author Interview! Starring Gordon Korman!

Spy Ski School by Stuart Gibbs

Request Post