KPOP: 6/17/18 Really by Blackpink 💚

MY FAVORITE SONG HAS ARRIVED. I could go on and on about this song, it is soooooo goood. But in an effort to not drive away any non kpop fans, i will keep it concise. Oh and aI think I like this new style of reviewing so I'll keep it, but instead of doing what I did with Forever Young, I'm going to be grouping things in bigger sets like "Before Chorus" "After First Chorus" "Chorus" and "Bridge". Anyways, Let's go.

Intro/Chorus: oddly enough the song begins with the chorus, however, I'm going to have to group this in the intro section as it is how the song begins. AND I LOVE THE INTRO. it has this sort of swing feel to it when jennie/rose sing "If you really, really love me, malhaejwo" that it so catchy and I really love. The tone of their voices is also supper addicting and overall I really like how the chorus is structured. One thing i have to note is that it struck me a bit odd that there was no introductory beat or whatevever, there was one second of music and BOOM lyrics. it's not bad, but I wish there was a few seconds of instrumental or whatever.

Pre-Chorus: So Jisoo's verse was obviously good. The song here continues the structure of being medium speed and having that swing feel, like there's this back and forth vibe I get from the song, which was really good. The background beat is pretty simple, which helps you clue in ON HOW AMAZING THEY SING. Lisa killed her rap, especially her "keep it real with me" at the end of her rap was a really amazing touch.

Post First Chorus: Alright this is what in my mind elevated this song from busines to first freeking class. There is this five second part is rose's verse (who had amazing tone in her verse) which rhymed ppoppo (kiss), no no (as in if you're gonna be rude than this is a no no) and (in english) when we meet we laugh haha hehe hoho. Like I don't know why BUT I JUST DIEDDDDD at this part. Rose's haha hehe hoho is just so catchy and like the friends theme when they clap, I always stop and sing along. An also amazing touch is after the words "ppoppo" there is a kiss in the background. AND THEN THE FINAL KICKER is after Rose's part when she says "no more" she carries her lyric into Jisoo's part and my jaw dropped. It was really such a beautiful transition. And Lisa has another rap which is really cool, I loved the lyric, especially "F a love song, I need you to say it"

Outro: It is a really simple outro, just "I gotta know that you're for real, really, really, really" but I'm glad. This song is truly a bop and is pretty bare bones, no flare or whatever in the beat, just an amazing song to blast on the radio during a chill day, so it made me happy the outro reflectred that.

Rating 5 out of 5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Author Interview! Starring Gordon Korman!

Spy Ski School by Stuart Gibbs

Request Post