KPOP: 6/18/18 See U Later by Blackpink 💚

It really has been a magical 9 days. This group has been my first kpop group and it's been really fun reviewing their songs and listening to the new music they have produced. And so, we end the week (and a bit more) of blink with see u later, the last track of their album. This is kinda their bad girl song, obviously about a guy, breaking up with him (see u later) and overall it was very great.

Before Chorus: So the song starts out with this guitar thing and it isn't bad, but I do feel like it is a little out of place. However, it sets this chill but powerful mood, like sit back and relax I'm about to blow you away, I dunno this falls into the category of hard to explain moods. Anyway, Jisoo begins the song and has a really good tone, which I enjoyed. Also Lisa has a singing part which is really good. But what these two verses were kinda lacking was a rhythm. It just didn't seem to quite line up with the background rhythm. However, Jennie's part had a swing, not quite as pronounced as in Really, but I still felt it there which was why I kinda liked her verse more. Rose continues Jennie's kinda mood and tone in her part. And then Lisa and Jennie have a little rap, which is pretty good and sets up the chorus.

Chorus: This part, I felt wasn't as good as the verses themselves. Jennie has the "See u later boy see u later" but she sings it in almost a rap tone and feel. Obviosuly, Jennie rapping is not the problem, I just didn't feel like the chorus should be a rap.

Post Chorus: So this second section is pretty much like the first. Great tone from everybody, has a nice vibe to it overall. This is where the true power of blackpink comes in, like not only in the way they sing, but in the lyrics. If you look at the lyrics they say stuff like "you're a loner" and "I'm a boss bish" which in my opinion really cements the whole "Blackpink is the revolution" vibe from this album where they're all powerful and stuff.

Outro: I like the way that this ends. It has this whole nostalgic vibe, especially when Jisoo soons "why you gotta do that do that why" it just makes even the listener almost look back on a past relationship or whatever. And this my seem hypocritical but I almost feel like there wasn't another chorus drop (where as in Forever Young I wish there was one). Like Rose says bye bye bye bye bye" and I'm like wow that was kinda deep and got me int he feels, and then suddenly there's a chorus drop. Just felt unnecessary that's all.

Rating 3.5 out of 5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Author Interview! Starring Gordon Korman!

Spy Ski School by Stuart Gibbs

Request Post