KPOP: 6/3/18 Wake Me Up By Twice 💚

OOOHHHH I'm a little late to the Twice comeback, although it isn't really because it is just a single and it's a japanese song anyway (by the way just going to classify this JPOP under my KPOP section, yes I know they aren't the same thing but like c'mon). Anyway here are some of my quick thoughts in this song.

Instrumental: I have to say, I think a lot of Twice's fans like their faster songs, so it is no surprise JYP made the beat fast. It goes by pretty quick, and most of it is like a techno, synthesizer thing. Like there's this reoccurring chord and idk it just sounds very electric. Is it bad? Not really, but me personally I feel like they could've gone a different direction. And once you listen to the song, idk if it is just me, but it sounds almost like an arcade machine, something Japan is known for (leave your comment down below if you hear the same).

Lyrics: VERY UPBEAT. that is literally the whole song. Obviously it's about not giving up (presumably on a guy? idk not a big japanese speaker) but it is really like happy and ok let me compare this song. This song is kinda like a high school musical song (like that's all I could think about). You know how high school musical songs are so cheery and upbeat? I wouldn't say high-pitched or whatever, but I get that vibe. Especially during the first chorus when Jihyo goes a pitch higher, wow, it really just got me in an upbeat mood (again, listen to the song, and you'll see what I mean). In my opinion though, it just seemed to mechanical. Like it seemed too forced that they had to sing really cheery and upbeat and it didn't quite hit the full Twice potential for me.

Rating: 4 out of 5

Image result for wake me up twice

(Why this cover look like a viet album cover ahaha where my viets at comment down below)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Author Interview! Starring Gordon Korman!

Spy Ski School by Stuart Gibbs

Request Post