KPOP: 6/5/18 Light by Wanna One 💚

WHOA WHOA WHOA WHAT IS THIS??? AM I STRAYING FROM THE KPOP MAIN GROUPS? YOU CAN BET I AM. Anyways, so yeah, I saw online wanna one just came back, so I had to check out their new song "Light", anyways these are my thoughts.

Instrumental: It was pretty good. It complimented the lyrics well, having some cool elements, such as during the chorus there's this weird chord thing, but it didn't distract from the main lyrics/singing/ whatever you want to call it. It also had a really good bop feel to it (if this is your first time to this sight, I have a really odd way of describing music). Like idk, between the casual snaps and the bass? (it's not the bass but like a kick drum or idek) but it just makes it really cool song to sit back and listen to. Also the leadup to the first chorus drop is REALLY good. Overall, I liked it. Also, the sterotypical instrumental drop after the chorus is pretty good.

Lyrics: SO this is the first time I've listen to wanna one. And yeah, they're REALLY good singers (like what did you expect). What I mean by that is threy compliment each other, the rapper, and the main chorus singer, wow they are an all around band. Again, don't speak korean so not sure what they're talking about, but during the chorus when they say "do you feel the same", wow it really gets me. Idk, I wanna say they have some BTS vibes, but then again, I used to think everyone in Blackpink looked the sam (DONT ROAST ME), so honestly differentiating at Kpop hasn't gotten to me yet. But yeah, their voices, very spot on, I like how casual they feel (nothing seems forced) and of course, it compliments the instrumental very well

Rating 3 out of 5 (earns the JTM heart ðŸ’š)

Listen on YouTube








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Author Interview! Starring Gordon Korman!

Spy Ski School by Stuart Gibbs

Request Post