KPOP: 6/7/18 Remember by Katie Kim 💚

Wooooo another debut post! Little bit of background, so it turns out Katie Kim was the winner of a TV show K-Pop Star 4, meaning she got the change to debut under YG (similar to how TWICE was created out of the TV show sixteen and debuted under JYP). Saw her music video and, just wow.

Instrumental: So not much about the instrumental "stood out". Like there was no unique bass line, no unique melody, it was just simple, which, in all honesty, was pretty cool and very respectable for a debut song like this. What I will point out is that the drop (it's not really a drop but idk what else to call it) around the chorus is very...well good. Like it gives the reminiscing mood which the song is about (I hope lmao). One thing I want to point out is that during this drop, there's this part where (I assumer katie kim but it might just be part of the background music) goes "oh oh ohhhh" and like, it doesn't QUITE line up with the beat. Again, this is one of those, you gotta listen to the song things, but man, it might be on purpose for some odd reason but my slight OCD kinda cringed at that part.

Lyrics: Alright, so I'll spend a little time talking about the actual lyrics. First off, it is very interesting this was an all-english song. Maybe it's to prove that YG has the best english singers, maybe it's to garner that international fame that debut artists need, either way it was a unique, and enjoyable twist to the norm. I'm obviously not going to complain about the lack of korean. Either way, the lyrics themselves are what you'd expect from a debut song. They compliment the mood of the song and work fine. But MAN is Katie Kim an amazing singer. Like, I would compare her to an American artist, but she has such a unique, powerful and... soulful? Idk how to describe it but her voice is amazing. I'm really glad she is a solo artist.

Considering my give-it-to-you quickly review style I won't take up any more useless space. A lot of the comments in her video are like "I hope she is marketed like DEAN" I don't really know how DEAN was marketed, but he turned out pretty good, and I hope the best for Katie Kim.

Rating 4 out of 5 (Worth the Listen)

Image result for Katie Kim remember

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Author Interview! Starring Gordon Korman!

Spy Ski School by Stuart Gibbs

Request Post