MUSIC: 6/1/18 Humaility by Gorillaz

Alright, alright, not kpop but here we go. Let's see how much the internet will hate me because I'm cracking down. This song will be the first to not have the JTM approved green heart. It's sad but here we go.

Instrumental (Beat): Just not feeling it in this song. I mean, it is this techno beat or something, but it's so slow that it was almost boring to listen to. It felt like walking along a road in texas when it is a hundred and 80 million degrees outside. Maybe this song was trying to be unique or something, but it did not hit the right points for me. There are also these guitar chords or whatever that seem out of place. Overall, this beat did not do it for me.

Lyrics: Maybe if the beat was bad, the lyrics could save it. BUT WHAT THE ACTUAL FRICK THE LYRICS MAKE NO SENSE AT ALL. "I'm alone between the left hand. Reset myself and get back on track. I don't want this isolation. See the state I'm in now?" Like WHAT??? Maybe I don't understand music enough to get this, but I don't see any metaphors of what this is supposed to mean? I am honestly super confused. And the lyrics overall don't give me any sort of good vibe it all just seems sad and depressing.

Final Thoughts: This song really let me down. It has been Number one trending in the US for two days currently, and seems to be trending in many other countries around the world. But maybe that was only for the animation, which, I will be honest, was extremely cool. But overall, this song was hyped up to be the song of the summer, and it just doesn't give me any summery vibes.

Rating: 1.5 out of  5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Author Interview! Starring Gordon Korman!

Spy Ski School by Stuart Gibbs

Request Post