BOOKS: 7/29/18 National Geographic: Absolute Expert Dolphins

Day 2 of the fun with learning with National Geographic series, this time we got a special on dolphins. I know, I know, doesn't sound too fun, but well my thoughts may prove otherwise.

Summary: Kids who have a laser focus on dolphins will learn everything they've ever wanted to know about them in an eye-catching, page-turning book for aspiring experts, featuring exclusive content from a National Geographic explorer currently in the field

My Thoughts: Like the summary, I'll keep this post short and sweet because I am not gonna lie, this book is pretty straight forward. Just like the volcanoes book, you got the stunningly crisp pictures (I mean seriously look at the dang cover, the contrast between the dolphin, its shadows and the water was taken from a camera UNDERWATER like what???). One thing I will say is that is was really cool how they laid out the book. They start with a little timeline of the dolphin's existence, and then go through how they live in the present life before ending it with how they interact with humans. And I thought it was really awesome how they ended it with how we can help protect their habitats. As a reader of Stuart Gibbs's books, I found it really cool they were supportive of habitat protection.

Rating: 8 out of 10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Author Interview! Starring Gordon Korman!

Spy Ski School by Stuart Gibbs

Request Post