KPOP: 7/10/18 Dance the Night Away by Twice 💚

Not even a MONTH after Blackpink came back with Square Up and I'm already in love with another song. And who even knows what is going to happen with Red Velvet and their summer comeback in August. This song is, without a doubt, probably the pinnacle of summery songs, giving AIIYL at run for its money.

I love the intro. The effect (it's like electronic but not really) just gives this nostalgic vibe to it which is always amazing in a summery song. Then the transition into the first verse is super cool. I like the piano type beat in the back which really bops. And then Momo's part (I'd say right after the first verse) is really cool this sort of sing and repeat thing. And then Jeongyeon's voice ! It really is so pure and I'm not gonna lie when I first got into Twice me personally I was never into Jeongyeon, but now I'm really growing to like her parts, especially in What is Love and this song.

AND THEN THE PRE CHORUS. Tzuyu is already my bias, and with the change in background beat (this sort of like ocean wave feel), it gives it even more of that summer bop feel to it. Her voice is so pure in this part and really helps lead to the beat drop.

AND FINALLY MY FAVORITE PART. Mina's "One, two three let's go" is so....like I don't know it just is amazing and really fits this songs vibe. It has that you know teenage beach girl vibe to it, which is very cool. And then the chorus drops and you can't help but bop along to it. And obviously Jihyo's part is very cool, but it really is just the icing on the Mina's Verse cake.

And I mean what else more is their to say about the second verse of the song. Everyone is killing their parts, this beat bops, nayeon destroys the now iconic "one, two three let's go" and I mean, it really is just so good.

Although after the second chorus I will point out I didn't like Dahyun's rap. Like in all the other parts their voices are so good and then, although I get it was a rap, there was no "song" feel it was straight up like you know talking or whatever. Like in What is Love it worked a lot better because it kidna fit the vibe but in here, in my opinion it just felt out of place.

Also I'm not gonna lie, I didn't even notice this part, but boy am I glad I read comments, because at around 2:25 Jihyo hits an insane high note that is absolutely jaw dropping. Like it really fit the whole party vibe and tied everything together.

Overall feels: Just an amazing song. The beat really bops, and it is a dancing song. Like after that chorus drop if I was at a party it would definitely go wild. One thing to mention: where the heck did chaeyoung's lines go??? She is definitely in my top 3 of the group, and the only part she got was a little blurb at the end. Not cool JYP, although nontheless still an amazing song.

The Dance: The thing I love about Twice is that their dances are super cool but also are not as complicated. Whoa whoa whoa don't go in the comments bashing me about Twice not being able to dance, I'm not saying that. Their choreography is still SUPER interesting, cool, amazing, etc. All I'm saying is that I think it's awesome that their choreo is still amazing but simple enough to where even I can jam out to it. Like you know in Likey or Heart Shaker, it's cool but it's also something you think you could learn even if you're not a professional dancer. And while I don't really know about the song as a whole, all I know is that the chorus drop is AWESOMEEEE. It's hard to describe with words, but it's just a really cool dance. And based on the music video, it seems like the rest of the dance is as fun and upbeat as the vibe of the song is.

Rating; 5 out of freakin 5

Image result for dance the night away

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Author Interview! Starring Gordon Korman!

Spy Ski School by Stuart Gibbs

Request Post