KPOP: 7/11/18 Zoo By Red Velvet 💚

Alright so apparently I'm a year late to this song. Although to be honest, it's because a year agow hen i got into k-pop I wasn't the type that listened to any song that wasn't the title track. Which was why I loved songs like Red Flavor but I never knew about this song until a week ago. And I really do love this song, although I cannnn kinda see why some people might not. Some people might call it dumb or whatever but overall it fit really well into their summer mini album as it is a very good summer song that is, well it's not like a bop it's a little faster, I guess it's a jam or whatever.

So the intro (and the background overall) is super cool. There's birds chirping and you have this amazing whistle sound you hear over and over again which I didn't find "obnoxious" at all. I thought it was really cool and it got me in my summer feels. Lots of other animal songs also start and play throughout the song.

As for the vocals, I think I liked their voices in red flavor or in some of their later songs (like peek a boo or bad boy) a little better. They just came out a little deep in Zoo, which again isn't bad, and I guess a higher pitched voice may not have worked, but it's something to point out I guess. Nothing else to say about the first verse everyone did good on their parts.

Call me crazy but I really do love the chorus of the song. I like seulgi's little build up (at least in the first verse I guess it's Joy in the second verse). The whistle part is really catchy even though I can't whistle and I like the lyrics I guess "Love is looking like a zoo". I dunno they just appeal to me but whatever.

Alright one part I do dislike is this one part after the main chorus, but I don't know who sings it. But the song goes "ahhhahahahhhhhhh" (not actually what it sounds like) but it's basically kinda like a tarzan type call in the jungle where it's like you know (please tell me you're following me). If you don't get what I'm saying I guess you do have to listen to the song, but this I found a little obnoxious. Like the song had a nice summer vibe and out of nowhere I just here "ahhhhhhahahahhhhhhhhh" and it's just weird.

I can't complain about too much of the rest of the song though. it was fine and brought me back into the summer vibes again.

The Dance: The dance is also super weird. It didn't have any strong vibes or feelings attached to it, it was just whatever. Also there's this part where everyone does that thing where you put your hand over eyes and act like you're looking for something. that was kinda weird. But then again there was never a music video for this and there wasn't really that many performances so I can't say it brought down the song a lot.

Rating: 4 out of 5

Image result for red summer red velvet

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Author Interview! Starring Gordon Korman!

Spy Ski School by Stuart Gibbs

Request Post