KPOP: 7/17/18 Egoistic by Mamamoo 💚

Alright so it looks like Mamamoo finally came back after 4 ish months from Starry Night and yeah this song is really good. Quick little overall run down: not really a summery song I would describe this as more of a bad girl kinda vibe. Not a bop either if that's the type of song you're looking for nor is it really a party song. There's this guitar thing in the background which gives it an odd vibe, especially when you pair it with the music video. Anyways here are my thoughts.

Alright so the beginning there isn't too much to talk about. Like obviously it is good but there's nothing that jumps out at me. One thing I will say though is that I really like Moonbyul's rap before the first chorus. And then the transition to Wheein's Pre Chorus was really awesome to listen to. It was just so smooth and I really got into it.

The transition from Pre Chorus to Chorus featuring solar was also super silky smooth. I love the little build up, and I know it's not the actual lyrics, but when Solar says "fly away" it was definitely one of my favorite parts. The repetitive feel of the chorus is kinda cool too, it sort of gives it this kinda rhythm to latch onto. I dunno the chorus overall is good but nothing to brag about.

The second verse I will say kinda disappointed me in comparison to the first verse. Like I wanted the bad girl vibe to get stronger and in my opinionit just got weaker. Moonbyu's rap wasn't as powerful, the buildup to the chorus wasn't as strong, overall it kinda leaves the middle of the song as a bridge between the first verse and the end.

Alright so then we arrive at the bridge which is when the entire instrumental basically disappears which was kinda cool. I do like the focus on their vocals because they are spectacular. Not much else to say, I did think the instrumental during the bridge got a little to electronic drum and got a little distracting.

Then post final chorus there is this little bit of lyrics which is kinda hard to explain but it isn't bad. It is a solid ending.

Rating: 3 out of 5

Image result for Mamamoo egoistic

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Author Interview! Starring Gordon Korman!

Spy Ski School by Stuart Gibbs

Request Post