KPOP: 7/20/18 Oh My! By Seventeen 💚

the big groups of kpop. Many pros and cons. A pro? the dances/visuals can come out better with a bigger crew and there's sometimes more variety. A con? every singer doesn't get that many lines. Like em or not they are a thing and I gues seventeen came back (very creative intro whoop de doo). Anyways since there is so many of them I get them confused a lot so this review won't be as in depth (And if people like these less in depth reviews I guess I'll start making it like this).

Overall, this is a very solid summer song. It differs from some of their other song in that it isn't as powerful or anything it is more of a lowkey bop. There's a really cool piano line, the build up to the chorus isn't that intense or anything, and yeah just a great chill song.

Looking through the comments it seems like people are calling their voices "calm". Which, I'm not saying that's incorrect it really just isn't the word I would've thought of it as. But it is true, after a second listen I felt almost at ease. Very chill. Would I prefer this style of kpop to a Blackpink or BTS cover song? Maybe not, but it's not saying anything bad about this, it's just you can't consider kpop as "the same genre" as there is a lot of differences from song to song.

Back to the comeback (slight tangent there), I think the chorus really shined. As stated before, it's just a bop, and the chorus really helped build that mood to the song. It had this triplet or swing vibe to it? Again my opinions can come across a little weird. But again, I can't say this enough, super solid summer song.

Rating: 3.5 out of ten

Image result for Seventeen you make my day album cover

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Author Interview! Starring Gordon Korman!

Spy Ski School by Stuart Gibbs

Request Post