KPOP: 7/4/18 #CookieJar By RedVelvet 💚

I may be like two weeks late (I really tried to post as soon as it dropped) but who even cares it is here now. This is Red Velvet's Japanese Debut and yeah, it was a pretty good song. Here are my thoughts on it:

I'm not sure why but this gives me huge "Happiness" vibes (their debut song). Like it is super upbeat, and although there are no posted lyric videos yet, I get that the song's lyrics probably are just upbeat and don't have much to do with anything sentimental or what not.

The instrumental itself was really solid throughout the song. I'd say it's a decently fast song, and the thing that sets the instrumental apart from other songs is that the bass (guitar?) line in it is pretty prominent. There's also this cool clapping effect that builds on the song at gives the lyrics an upbeat and sound structure to compliment.

Speaking of the lyrics, the vocals in this song were absolutely through the roof. Again, a very upbeat song (just keep thinking of how "Happiness" was). This is in fact a really good summery song. It just gives you that good feeling of summer where it's all refreshing and whatever. The chorus itself is extremely catchy. The lyrics "Put your hand in the cookie jar" and the "oh oh ohh" is well, very iconic, almost as great as Rose's part in "really" that I love.

There isn't too much to say about the other verses. In this song, everyone's vocals stood out super well, they were all good, I feel like they were used properly, you know the normal stuff in a good red velvet beat. One thing I would say is I feel like some people wouldn't like the way they say "hashtag cookie jar". Me personally I can deal with it but I feel like others might not like it.

Rating: 4 out of 5

Image result for red velvet cookie jar

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Author Interview! Starring Gordon Korman!

Spy Ski School by Stuart Gibbs

Request Post