KPOP: 8/2/18 Killing me by IKON

So I haven't been the biggest fan of IKON. Sure, I loved Love Scenario and oddly enough Rubber Band, but I don't think I listen ot them enough to be called an Ikonic. So I mean you can take that into consideration during this review, because I feel like if I listened to them more, it would be slightly different.

So I forgot what this vibe is called but you know those type of songs that have a smooth feel to it and you can like snap along? Like you know how in havana at the beginning when you can snap to it? Maybe it's just me but anyway it has that kind of back and forth vibe to it. But when Bobby comes into the first verse, I dunno I just don't like how he sings it. Like he seems kind of mundane and almost questionable.

The song makes a quick recovery with DK and Jay leading up to the chorus. And the lead up is pretty good, but it's like there's nothing dramatic to it. And then after it drops to the dance break again it feels almost lackluster. It feels like bland almost, like there's nothing backing it.

Second verse is formatted very similar to the first verse. BI's part is whatever, can i complain? just nitpicky stuff, although again I'm not too familiar with this groups so I don't really know how the vocals are spread out and who has what roles.

Alright but the bridge and ending part is super cool. It basically begins with one member singing and then it ends with everyone singing, which I thought was an awesome effect. I did like the vocals in the last part after second chorus, and I think the reminiscing mood got across well.

But as I said before, maybe I would've liked this song more if I listened to the group more. But in my opinion the song just left me wanting more. I wanted more of a drop, I wanted more emotion in the vocals, just more. Like the sound and tone of the voices in love scenario was good, so coming off of that song Killing Me just didn't do it for me.

Rating: 2.9 out of 5 (Didn't get the Heart but still listen to it!)

Listen: Here

Image result for IKOn New Kids: continue


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Author Interview! Starring Gordon Korman!

Spy Ski School by Stuart Gibbs

Request Post