KPOP: I'm Fine by BTS 💚

SORRY FOR THE LATE POST. Was just a busy week. I'll try to keep pumping out content. Ok so anyways, excuse over, last post I talked about how serendipity was my favorite BTS song. Was it amazing? HECK YES. But i had to downgrade it to 4.9 because IM FINE IS ACTUALLY THE GREATEST THING EVER. Here are my thoughts.

So as I usually start off, I'll talk about the background music. So I mean first off, I love the contrast between emotional in the beginning and straight up party song at the end. Like when I gave this a first listen, I'm like, oh it's another "Serendipity" type song. Like it had those amazing vocals and stuff. But I got into the song and I love the contrast. I just find myself emotionally singing the beginning and jamming out the ending parts.

As for the first verse, it is cool it starts out with a "Save Me" type instrumental. Makes for a good performance. But anywho there is this SMOOTH transition from solid vocals and slow song, to like this medium paced rap, to the fast buildup to the chorus. Vocals are awesome all around really.

As for the chorus, again like I stated, I really could jam out to it ALL DAY. Like there's this techno vibe to it, but it still is that Kpop feeling. Some iconic lyrics in the buildup to the chorus, when (whoever it is) sings "gwenchana, gwenchana" , which apparently means "it's okay, it's okay" but WOW super catchy stuff that's my go to when I'm singing to this song. In fact the overall feel of the pre chorus, like the sort of rhythm it has, is catchy. And then you get into the chorus where it's just everything goes crazy. Like it really is like at a Rave when it's calm and the beat drops and everyone goes wild with their hands up. And I get they have other fast songs, but this song just had a different feel to it, it just stands out, in such a good way.

The best part of this song is that not only is the chorus just such a good thing to jam out to, there's like a lot of chorus. Like the second verse, don't get me wrong, J-Hope's part is great, but I like how it gets his part in and then IMMEDIATELY back to the pre chorus. The pre chorus and chorus just make this song SO GOOD.

Same with the bridge, it is really cool, there's some nice instrumental effects, but most important, it's the perfect length. It's just long enough to get those amazing vocals in, but once again it hits the pre chorus buildup and chorus one last time to end the song on a wild note.

What a song.

Rating: 5 out of 5

Image result for BTS love yourself


Comments

  1. You have done a good job with your article that makes our work easy because you are providing such good information about the song 'I'm fine'. Keep sharing this kind of knowledge with us. Buy Ateez Album Saudi Arabia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just noticed that you posed my all time favorite song on my birthday ☺😭

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Author Interview! Starring Gordon Korman!

Spy Ski School by Stuart Gibbs

Request Post