JTWBU #8

Alright, quick little update post, schedule, and whatnot, hear we go!

So... Shoutout today goes to Dan Gutman. I've never had a twitter conversation with an author and it was cool to go back and forth with him!

Anyways, normally I talk about all the fantastic books from YALit but this week, I have to focus on one book: Keeper of the Lost Cities: Lodestar! Here's a summary from GoodReads:

"Dark schemes unfold--and Sophie's loyalty is pushed to the limit--in this thrilling fifth book in the best-selling KEEPER OF THE LOST CITIES SERIES.

Sophie Foster is back in the Lost Cities--but the Lost Cities have changed. The threat of war hangs heavy over her glittering world, and the Neverseen are wreaking havoc.

The lines between friend and enemy have blurred, and Sophie is unsure whom to trust. But when she's warned that the people she loves most will be the next victims, she knows she has to act.

A mysterious symbol could be the key--if only she knew how to translate it. Every new clue seems to lead deeper into her world's underbelly and the Black Swan aren't the only ones who have plans. The Neverseen have their own Initiative, and if Sophie doesn't stop it, they might finally have the ultimate means to control her."


There's no doubt about the amazing hype this book has created. It has come out today, although the "official release date" is tomorrow.

Of course, now that I mention Keeper of the Lost Cities, I have to talk about my plans for Wednesday September 14th. Of course, you guys might know that Shannon Messenger is coming to town, and I'll have a chance to get books signed and meet her! I'm definitely going to make a vlog, but will probably only record audio for the "chat" (for those of you who haven't been to a book festival, there's always a little bit of time while you're waiting for the author to sign her name on the books where you get to talk to her) If you want to see a live stream, go follow me on twitter @justintalksbook for the precise time when I will start, but in general it should start at around 6 PM central. As always, if you have any questions, be sure to leave them in the comments below.

Now to other news.

Rant time! A rant will be out probably Wednesday about a touchy subject. I honestly didn't care too much about it a few days ago, but I've been seeing it a lot recently, and I don't know, I feel like I need to address it because it is getting a little out of control.

I've been writing some reviews for a contest thing on the Boys Rule Boys Read! blog, which you can check out Boys Rule Boys Read!  I'm in the lead right now, but *fingers crossed*

Finally, I've been thinking a lot about these weekly videos. Of course, I want to continue with them, but I'm trying to figure out how to make them, short yet captivating. So expect weekly update VIDEOS to start popping up back in December. For now, the only videos will be just cool book stuff, or a book topic that is easier for me to portray through video.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Author Interview! Starring Gordon Korman!

Spy Ski School by Stuart Gibbs

Request Post