The Underdogs by Sara Hammel


The Underdogs


Age Group: MG
Genre: Realistic Fiction/Mystery
Publishing Date: May 31st 2016 by BYR

Summary: Everyone has secrets…

Who killed Annabel Harper?

When a popular teen beauty’s body is discovered by the pool at an elite tennis club, the regulars are shocked—especially twelve-year-old Evie and her best friend, Chelsea. While everyone else is haunted by Annabel’s death, Evie and Chelsea jump on the case, dogging the footsteps of the lead detective as he investigates. As temperatures soar ver the summer, tensions rise, fingers are pointed, and a heroic act sets in motion a chain of events readers will never see coming

My Thoughts: I don't know, this book sort of hit all the good things in my life personally: love to play tennis, love a good mystery book, and the book ahd a bunch of plot twists. It was almost as if the book was written for me, something sort of surprising and pretty cool. I will say, the book spends quite a bit amount of time talking tennis (not like a whole chapter, more like bits here and there, but it added up and became a little tedious). Also, if not for the insane crazy plot twisting ending, I don't know if I would've liked the book that much, mostly because it got sort of confusing. It was one of those books that constantly flashed backed and forward (like from before and then to after, and honestly, that's one of the things I hate about books. But the crazy ending saved the book.

Rating: 8.5 out of ten.

(Hopefully you like my new style of review, it sort of summarizes everything and doesn't make it take too long to read)

Comments

  1. You have me intrigued. I don't see many books with Tennis as a backdrop. Thanks for featuring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like your enthusiasm for this mystery. Agree with Greg, I haven't seen any novels with tennis as the game of choice. Yes, I do like your review style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tennis as a focus is rare in MG fiction, but then so are dead bodies. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Author Interview! Starring Gordon Korman!

Spy Ski School by Stuart Gibbs

Request Post