KPOP: 7/26/18 Bad Boy (English Ver.) by Red Velvet (Thoughts)

So yeah this was a thing at New York Comic Con 2018. I've been wanting to talk about it, but I've been holding out until some better versions came up that I could link. Well like last week some guy made an almost studio version of it that was pretty good, but I was vacation. Now that I'm back and have settled down a bit, I want to discuss the lyrics.

First I figured I get the whole pronunciation thing out of the way. And if I had to rate it out of ten I'd give it a 7 or an 8. Like wendy for example had amazing pronunciation, but she's from canada so it kinda makes sense. But in some of the other members you could kinda tell the accent was there. Not a bad thing I guess, just wanted to point that out.

As for the lyrics, there really isn't much else to say about them but my seemingly new favorite word: iconic. Like seriously if it's not the girls who in SM comes up with this stuff. 

I guess I'll go over some of my favorite lyrics. My first is Wendy's "oh no boy this ain't a fair fight, I'm winning you over alright" the way she sings it in the song and the way it just interlocks with the background music is really amazing. Combined that with Wendy's already impeccable lyrics and it is a good ending for the first English verse.

Now I gotta skip over Irene and Joy's verse, it's good, but Seulgi's "cause I, I know how to make the devil cryyy" is actually like my mic drop line in the song. like what the hECK it was actualyl amazing and super well timed. It's like rhyming orange with door hinge (not really sure what an iconic rap rhyme is I don't really listen to rap), just your jaw hits the floor.

The chorus was pretty good. the "every time I come around, nother bad boy dow" has a really cool flow to it. Also the bridge was pretty cool, but there's nothing much else to analyze about it. No like super amazing lyric or rhyme. It was just good.

Lastly, I have to end with the "shot another bad boy down". Especially the way it was sung on stage, it was really deep I guess (I dunno hard to describe it). I just love the "shot another bad boy down" and then intense instrumental ending. It was a good listen.

Overall an amazing remake indeed. I do wish SM would let them include a studio version int he upcoming mini album, and I also wish there was a full english version. Do I think it would be better? Who knows, but we can only know if it ever comes out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Author Interview! Starring Gordon Korman!

Spy Ski School by Stuart Gibbs

Request Post