Middle School: Escape to Australia

Age Group: Middle Grade
Genre: Realistic Fiction/Comedy
Publishing Date: March 6th, 2017 by Jimmy Patterson

Summary: Goodreads~ In the newest installment of James Patterson's bestselling Middle School series, everyone's favorite underdog hero Rafe Khatchadorian is headed to the dangerous wilds of Australia! 

Rafe isn't exactly considered a winner in Hills Village Middle School to say the least, but everything's about to change: he's won a school-wide art competition, and the fabulous prize is getting to jet-set off to Australia for a whirlwind adventure! But Rafe soon finds that living in the Land Down Under is harder than he could've ever imagined--his host-siblings are anything but welcoming, the burning temperatures are torturous, and poisonous critters are ready to sting or eat him at every step. So with the help of some new misfit friends, Rafe sets out to show everyone what he does best: create utter mayhem! 

What I Liked: Out of all the amazing things about this book, one of my favorite parts was when Rafe stumbled upon this random group of kids that were just his cup of tea. The way it was portrayed, I really enjoyed the adventures that they went through, and even though it only lasted for a couple days (if that), it seemed like they made a lifetime's worth of memories (kind of cheesy, but you get the point). For example, Rafe and these kids made bonding time over creating chaos at an art showing. I mean how much better can you get? I really liked the newfound friendship in this novel.

What I Didn't Like: If I had to say something about what I didn't like, I found myself flipping through the parts where his host-siblings play pranks on him. I mean, it's okay if they mess with Rafe once or twice, but I will warn you, James Patterson (and company), really works and stretches to whole host-siblings-mess-with-Rafe idea, and it got kind of annoying to me.


Rating: 9 out of ten.


Why? Sadly, not my favorite book in this series, mostly because of the tedious flipping.]



Middle School: Escape to Australia (Middle School, #9)

Comments

  1. I'll be looking for this one. Thanks for the honest review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the heads up that the teasing gets old, and for the overall recommendation! I think I'll look this one up. Happy MMGM!

    --Suzanne
    www.suzannewarr.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Justin. This sounds like a book that boys would like - full of mischief and action. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Author Interview! Starring Gordon Korman!

Spy Ski School by Stuart Gibbs

Request Post