KPOP: 7/22/18 Quick thoughts on DDDD Japanese version by Blackpink

So for those of you non blinks that don't know blackpink just released a japanese version of ddu-d ddu-du which is you know how you would expect it (check out my review on the korean version of DDDD if you haven't yet). However, one thing that was a pleasant surprise is the change in rap, both Lisa's and Jennie's. I guess I'll discuss the lyrics a little.

First off Lisa's rap. And man are her lyrics iconic. "I'm a star but no patrick" and "got more juice than Hi-C" I mean whoever wrote this rap is unbelievable. I think overall she definitely is more of a "bad girl" in this rap than she is in DDDD korean version, but that might be the vibe that I get.

And if you thought Lisa's rap was iconic, holy cow Jennie's is actually insane the first time I heard the rap I went nuts. "I'm getting money by the hundreds, all my GQ's spread like hummus" and "you can see the billions call a banker" like what the heck who even comes up with this.

Overall, I think it is cool that they changed up the rap, because it gives international fans a reason to listen to the Japanese version. They are some iconic raps not gonna lie. Although it seems like YG is taking a big step by allowing my cussing in the rap. Am I complaining? Heck no. I think if you wanna have the bad girl vibe, gonna have to throw in some cuss words to sell it. However, I am surprised that this has not been listed as explicit on snapchat. Although i guess whatever algorithm spotify uses automatically takes out kpop songs as explicit. Either way, this was a very iconic song.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Author Interview! Starring Gordon Korman!

Spy Ski School by Stuart Gibbs

Request Post